T29/03/2007 : Yangshuo - visit of the country by bicycle


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
March 29th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As we had 3 days off during our "studying" week, I and Pierre decided to go to Yangshuo which is one of the most beautiful place to visit in China.

Yangshuo is situated at 7 hours by bus and at about 650 km from Guangzhou. We took a bus on Wednesday evening and we arrived in Yangshuo at 6:30 in the morning.

We check-in in a nice room for 30 RMB (about 3 euros) per person and per night. The manager of the hostel tried to sell us a complete pack for visiting the village and in the vicinity of it but seeing the price, we decided to visit everything by ourselves following the same visiting plan he proposed us.

So on that first day, we rented 2 new bicycles for 10 RMB for the whole day (about 1 euro) and we travelled around Yangshuo. We saw many beautiful places with rice cultures, local people and landscapes.
We met strange animals like the punky dog painted in pink color.

As Pierre wanted to taste dog meat, I followed him and we ate for the first time dog! This kind of meat is quite hard to eat
Yangshuo 2Yangshuo 2Yangshuo 2

I bought the small decoration I hold in my hand from that old lady... That gesture is nothing for us but represents a lot for local people.
due to its plastic texture. I didn't feel the real taste because it was cooked with red pepper. By the way, that is not the kind of meat you can eat just for pleasure! We are monsters! (Sorry Maguy...)

In the afternoon, we visited Moon Hill. This hill is really strange because there is a big hole in the middle of the rock. After thinking twice about the name of that hill, I would have called it "doughnut hill"... 😊 What do you think?
After a 20-minute walk to the mountain and after meeting many old women who tried to sell us their bottles of water, we reached the top and we really enjoyed the fantastic views.

That first day in Yangshuo where so cool but I was really exhausted. We did at least 40 km by bicycle and I don't exaggerate!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Yangshuo 3Yangshuo 3
Yangshuo 3

Punky dog met on the road :)
Yangshuo 5Yangshuo 5
Yangshuo 5

We tasted for the first time a kind of meat... Which one ???
Yangshuo 6Yangshuo 6
Yangshuo 6

Ouaf ouaf
Yangshuo 7Yangshuo 7
Yangshuo 7

Hihi...
Yangshuo 8Yangshuo 8
Yangshuo 8

Grrr... Gozilla ! On the road to Moon Hill...
Yangshuo 9Yangshuo 9
Yangshuo 9

Moon Hill behind me and an arrow to indicate the direction to that mountain...
Yangshuo 10Yangshuo 10
Yangshuo 10

Ready to go up !
Yangshuo 11Yangshuo 11
Yangshuo 11

Finally, I was not ready... :)
Yangshuo 16Yangshuo 16
Yangshuo 16

Alala... Pierre and his forms... ;P


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb