T22/03/2007: A day in Foshan city


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
March 22nd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As I and Pierre were the only one who didn’t have class on that Thursday, we went to Foshan city which is at about 1 hour by bus from Guangzhou.

Foshan is the third biggest city of Guangdong province. This city of more than 2000 years of history is very industrial which makes it lose all its charm.
However, it encloses a wonderful temple: the temple of the Ancestors.

Moreover, for those fans of martial arts, Foshan is the city where two masters of kung-fu lived several years: Bruce Lee and Wong Fei Hong!
So we just had time to visit the temple and the memorial of Wong Fei Hong but next time, we will go for sure to Bruce Lee museum as this museum is quite far from the center of Foshan city 😊

We had the opportunity as well to visit the Foshan Folk Art Research Institute. It is famous in China for the manual Chinese art like painting, building Chinese lamps, cutting, sculpting,…

Finally, on the way to Foshan park, we found a restaurant which proposed dog to eat and Pierre was ready to taste it whereas I was not at all!
In the park, I took a picture with a funny monkey. Poor animals I should say because they are used in a commercial way like the white tiger of the zoo… But… It makes tourists happy!



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Foshan temple 17Foshan temple 17
Foshan temple 17

The costume of Jet Li when he played Hong Fei Wong...


29th March 2007

Welcome to GZ
Stumbled upon your great travel blog. Then realized we're in the same program at Lingnan. Haven't really met yet but nice to meet you in cyberspace. I blog too about GZ at screamingsushi [dot] com. See you soon!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb