Day 3


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The third day, Friday, we actually got some sunshine. Dave had lessons, but Sean and I took the afternoon to take a bike ride along the Li River. We got lost a couple times, and denied bridge crossing without paying a heavy fee (which we opted NOT to pay). We went through a couple villages, some rice paddies, along some gardens. It was very pretty. We eventually found the river again and took a break while we watched an old woman wash scallions in the water. We saw a few ferry boats go by, a few rafts too. If there had been more time we might have hired a raft ourselves, but 4 o’clock crept up on us fairly quickly. On our way back we hauled our bikes part way up and around a peak until we hit a cave. It was gated shut with some very official looking boxes lying instead. Hmmm. Wonder what we came across. Around five we returned the bikes and decided to climb the TV tower peak, which, according to Dave, takes about 20 minutes to climb. Try an hour, DAVE. We huffed and puffed the whole way up. Reminded me how out of shape I am. It was worth it though. The views from the top were GORGEOUS. We stayed up there for about 20 minutes, until we saw how dark it was getting. The walk down was a bit unnerving. At one point I lost my footing and went sliding down a boulder, upside-down, ending up with my feet sticking straight up in the air. It was incredibly painless and incredibly embarrassing. Sean was very nice about it though. Anyway, there are THREE pages of pictures from this day, make sure you take a look, they got better the further up the peak we climbed. It was dusk by the time we got up there, so the lighting isn't great and the pictures are a bit hazy, but the vastness of the peaks still come through.
Not much else really happened, that day, we just looked at a lot of pretty stuff.



Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th April 2007

Mooooo!
Moo! Do the Chinese like to make sounds at cows like us, Americans?

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb