Guangzhou to Bangkok Guilin 5th of jan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
January 5th 2012
Published: January 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived yesterday to Guilin, by train from Shenzen (HK). It took us awile finding the ticket office in Shenzen and to order the tickets. The guy in the office repeted many times that "train no tickets tomorrow, today. What time you go ?" After some more confusions he got the manager that helped us book 2 tickets for soft sleep carriage in the afternoon.

When we got on the train we gladly saw a sign telling us that this was a non smoking wagon, but it did not took a long time for us to realize that they dont give a f##k. Lucky for us they did not smoke inside the sleeping compartments.

My cold that i had from the AC from the hotel in HK had now got worse and i got to bed just an hour after the train left the station.

At 06.40 we etered the city of Guilin and the weather was getting colder (6 degres C). We took a taxi from the trainstation to the hostel, that we found on the internet and we payed him 30 yuan (32nok-28sek) for the ride. Later the staff told us that he overcharged us with 10-15 yuan.....we could live with it 😊

After walking around the city doin some sightseeing of or own, we went back to the hostel were we met a nice girl from Austria that were going to the "Red flute cave" so we joined her for the event. The cave was hughe and impressive but with all the artificial lights and a guide that were assosiating diffrent stalgiteformation with diffret things, the roundtrip got quite corny. It felt like they did it because to make the attraction more atractive. We also found a galleri with a lots of photoes of eminent an famous people visiting the cave, all from president Nixon to Gro Harlen Bruntland.

Before going back to the hostel, we went out for dinner. The Austrian girl knew some words chineese because she was teaching english here for some month, that helped us order some food easier. Back at the hostel it was another early night for both me and Sven.

Soooo... its morning 8.30 right now and im drinking te. Had a really good night sleep and i feel that the energy is coming back to me. We are probably going to Yangshou today.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb