Beihai - Our time with Phil, Sandy & Dream


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Bei Hai
May 3rd 2008
Published: May 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here last Saturday by over night train then bus. Lisa's family friend moved our here from Biggleswade, nearly 3 years ago and loves it, so while we were passing we thought we would visit!

We were given phil's friends brand new flat to stay in, which was lovely, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large living area and even better 3 balconies to descide where to drink our evening beer!

Phil and Sandy are teachers and have their own school downstairs in their flat block, we meet some of the kids which was nice, and good practise for them to speak english. one of the boys called tony is the No1 badminton player for Beihai so stu played him on thursday, poor stu today can hardly walk.

We knew the Chinese were hard working but now we know why, the kids study nearly 7 days a week and the older they get the longer their day gets at school.

The people here are really friendly but still stare like we are aliens but after 5weeks being in china you get used to it.

we have had good meals, good beer (of course) and at 35p a bottle which is more than a pint you cant complain.

Stu likes your comments about the facial hair, I actually quite like it and he bought some clippers last night so its all shaped and designer now

Sitting outside a bar an extra large rat ran across my foot, i have never moved my legs so fast, then another one last night onthe way out of the loo in the Kangaroo Bar which has become our local hangout.

the beach is lovely with golden sands and goes on for miles and miles and the Chinese men go to the beach with smart work trousers and a shirt and the girls over up with an umbrella to shade them.

Time to leave tomorrow, we have really enoyed our time here and met some lovely people, thanks Phil, Sandy and Dream



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Phil and LisaPhil and Lisa
Phil and Lisa

Silver beach, cloudy day but humid
Gerry & StuGerry & Stu
Gerry & Stu

Kangaroo Bar owner
Seafood MealSeafood Meal
Seafood Meal

this was a lovely meal, we had eal, sea Cucumber.
Yes this is a real photoYes this is a real photo
Yes this is a real photo

Stu counted 102 bottles of beer
Local fish marketLocal fish market
Local fish market

there was a meat part with lots of horrible looking things, i think there was dog but i choose to ignore it


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 19; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb