Thomas's Peak Trip


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong
November 9th 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Making dumplingsMaking dumplingsMaking dumplings

Us making dumpling at a NaXi restaurant.
In Grade 7, all students have to go on a field trip into China. Tom went to the ancient city of Lijiang with about 20 other students and a few teachers. The city was built at the turn of the Song and Yuan dynasties. It is the home of the NaXi people, who still live in a very traditional Chinese way. The area and the people themselves are listed by the United Nations as a World Heritage Site. The Yangze River passes near the ancient town. The very well known 'Tiger Leaping Gorge' is close by. Much of the week long trip was biking and hiking, a great way to really appreciate this part of China. The trip involved a service aspect with a visit to a local school. The children have very basic amenities and enjoy the visits by the HKIS students. Enjoy Tom's photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Ancient townAncient town
Ancient town

Night time in Ancient town.
Riding our bikesRiding our bikes
Riding our bikes

Us riding our bikes to the Seven Cities.
Group photoGroup photo
Group photo

Having a group photo at Black Dragon Park


9th November 2007

Oh the memories
Thomas, it was a pleasure to view your photos as it brought back a lot of fantastic memories. Jodi and I spent the Chinese New Year in Tiger Leaping Gorge ten years ago and I remember buying fireworks and (quite inappropriately) shooting them at the big statue of Mao while it was snowing! We also sat in on an evening performance of the NaXi orchestra in the old town, which was one of the most memorable musical experiences I have ever had (and I've had quite a few!). Keep the blogs coming!
11th November 2007

Tom's trip away
Hey Tombo! seems like you had a great holiday!! I wish i was there to do it with you!

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb