Paddling in Zhuhai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Zhuhai
March 2nd 2019
Published: March 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Time for some warm weather. We took the bullet train down to Guangzhou and then the commuter train to Zhuhai. We stayed in the Jingjiang Inn on Fenghuang street which has a great location close to the beach, parks, shops and restaurants.

We had one day of lovely sunshine and I even managed to get sunburnt on my neck and arms. Zhuhai is a very new city, much like the other cities in the Pearl River Delta, with it being a fishing village only 30 years ago.

It's a very spacious city, very different to other Chinese cities, with palm tree lined streets and lovely parks full of colourful flowers and with very few people. We went up to the top of Jinshan park in the chairlift for wonderful views of the city and took the bobsleigh ride back down to the bottom, which was good fun.

We spent one evening walking to the remarkable Opera house which is lit up with LED lighting at night. I would have loved to have gone inside but unfortunately it was closed.

We took the new sea bridge over to Hong Kong in a rain storm which was a shame as we couldn't see anything from the bus.

Enjoy the photos

JAH BLESS


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb