Shopping In Shenzhen


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
December 4th 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

From Hong Kong we caught the train to Shenzhen in China for one day. It was for a power shopping (for fakes/copies) and pampering day! What an adventure it was. We got pounced on as soon as we got out of the train terminal by a young guy called 'Dragon Boy' who took us to his little shop. We ended up buying most of our stuff from him........probably should have shopped around a bit first but oh well. These 'markets' are quite amazing. They are all proper shops in a mall. There are police everywhere patrolling to make sure that the shops are not selling fakes of anything. The shop owners have to keep all of this stuff hidden because obviously it's illegal. We also spent a fortune! For good quality fakes you do spend more.........all good copies though.

Getting a manicure and pedicure was a total rort. Boy did we get ripped off. The people in this 'shop' could hardly speak English and all they kept telling us was how beautiful we were once they had finished on us. Like Mum and I were ugly to start off with! They wanted to charge us about AU$350 for two manicures and pedicures. Yeh right. We don't even pay that in Sydney! We argued with them for about 30 mins and paid what we thought we should in the end.

After a long hard day of shopping, bartering and arguing, we were glad to head back to Hong Kong though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb