Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
November 30th 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After lots of sad teary goodbyes, I left Sydney and arrived in Hong Kong with Mum. Wow what a place. It's such an organised city. There is a constant buzz. Mum and I loved it!

We had six full days to see and do all that we could.

Getting Around


The transport system is fantastic and it's just so easy to understand and follow. Trains are fast, efficient and so clean. Taxis are cheap too. Ferries are pretty old.........I used to thing there was something pretty awesome about catching a ferry in Sydney Harbour and that nothing could beat it............but catching a ferry across the harbour in Hong Kong is pretty unbelievable really.

Playing Tourists


From day one we got straight into. We went up the peak for a few hours to check out the view and have lunch at Bubba Gumps. What a view! We also went to spend a day at Lantau Island. This is where the world's largest outdoor seated buddha is. It's a really beautiful place.

Hong Kong is a really lush place. So green and really lovely scenery. Unfortunately though there is a lot of air pollution which comes over from China and sometimes spoils the view.

Shopping


Is totally amazing. There is just so much more than there is in Australia. All the big names that there are in USA and Europe. Then you have the markets with lots of fakes........quality isn't so good though. Much better to jump on a train and head to China for a day or two, which Mum and I did.

Night Life


I hit the town with James on a Saturday night. He took me to quite a few nice bars most of which were quite small. At one place I asked for the bartenders specialty and I got a chilli cocktail.........yep with fresh red chillis in it. Was really nice actually.......if you like hot stuff!


After a fabulous week in Hong Kong, I was really sad to say goodbye. It is a really beautiful and amazing place and a place that I really felt at home in. Will definitely going back soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



1st January 2007

Ngong Ping Skyrail
WoW! Didn't know that this existed, must be new..... how fantastic. Were you scared? they say it's 5.7Km long and takes 25min. My question is, how do u get on it? is it on the run, or do they stop it? If it only takes 25min to travel 5.7Km, at a continues speed without stoping would be 13.5Km/hr. A person average walking speed is 3.6Km/hr, so that would mean if it does not stop, they need to get a conveyor system that people get on which is would carry you at 13.5Km/hr making the boarding of the Cabin not moving in relation to you. However, the problem would be people (children) jumping on to the conveyor that is moving at 3.75x faster than walking speed.....you'd have to run on to it. Too Dangerous. Now, if it stopped for every time someone got on (and lets say that there are people getting into every Cabin) given that Cabins take 14people, it would take 30sec minimum to get people on. You would then have to equate how many Cabins within the 5.7Km span and multiply it by .5min then subtract the 25min to give you actual travelling (motion/speed) time which then you can work out average SPEED. You will need to include acceleration times and deceleration to STOP time. So...... How the bloody hell do you get into the Cabin?????? Love You U.R.
1st April 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VANE
Darling Vane, we;Daphne, Isabella, Daichi and Uncle Raul, wish youa Fun FIlled birthday celebrations in Italia. Hope you are well and safe. We Love You n Miss your hugs. U.R.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb