Primary School Visits and New Food Discoveries


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Qingyang » Xifeng
September 6th 2009
Published: October 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post


In November, we are going to be doing some English language training in the local primary schools and so this week we visited some of the schools. Our main objective was to see what the standard of teaching was like but also to assess what type of training they need. In the morning, we observed some lessons and then fedback to the teachers. We also went and visited some other classes as most of the students have never seen a foreigner before. We spoke our best Chinese with them which they thought was hilarious and played some games. In the afternoon, we took part in some paper cutting lessons which is a craft local to Qingyang.
We also discovered a buffet restaurant where you can eat as much as you want for 30 Yuan (about £3). Brilliant! And that includes drinks. You also get charged if you leave food which is a great idea and stops people wasting food for the sake of it. This makes you think just how much to pile on!
We also bought a BBQ this week. One that was made to order from the lady where Phil usually buys his sausages! ! We are now able to diversify even more with our culinary delights!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb