Know the Silk Road China Part


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Fujian
March 26th 2010
Published: March 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Silk Road includes Overland Silk Road and Oversea Silk Road.

The Overland Silk Road is a historically important international trade route between China and the Mediterranean, with silk comprising a large proportion of trade along this road. The long and winding Silk Road in northwest China begins at Chang'an (now Xian), then by way of the Hexi Corridor, and it reaches Dunhuang, where it divides into three. The three routes spread all over Xinjiang, and then they extend as far as India and Rome. It is a significant international passage connecting the oriental and the occidental.

This ancient road has a history of more than two thousand years. From its birth before Christ, through the heights of the Tang dynasty, until its slow demise six to seven hundred years ago, the Silk Road has left its mark on the development of civilizations on both sides of the continent.

Stretching along the edge of deserts and mountains, it is not only an ancient international trade route, but also a splendid cultural bridge. The Four Great Inventions of China and religions of the West were introduced into their counterparts. Much spectacular and intriguing scenery and historic relics are scattered along this historical museum and natural art corridor. There are well-known Mogao Caves (Mogao Grottoes) in Dunhuang, the bustling Sunday Bazaar in Kashgar and exotic customs in Xinjiang and more … The thousands of kilometers are filled with cultural heritage and historical sites.

Travelling along the Silk Road, you will walk in the tracks of Marco Polo, explore the routes of the camel trains, discover the mysterious and historical Silk Road the stories, see the ruins and the classical architectures. History will come to life.

Oversea Silk Road, is the extend of overland silk road. The cities along the southeast china has lot of mountains and hills and its transportation isn't very convenient to the inland China. Meanwhile, during in Summer and Winter, the monsoon will help the ships go smoothly on the sea. So, the peoples desired to develop their trade in exchange of commodities with the other countries by shipment. Then it came to truth. They exported not only silk but also porcelain, sugar, hardwares. and they would bring back codiments, medicine and jewel. In generally, they set sail from Quanzhou or Guangzhou and pass the Straits of Melaka for all countries southeast Asia and India.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb