Dazhalan 大柵欄


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
October 21st 2009
Published: October 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Street 1Street 1Street 1

Entry from the Qainmen Pedestrain street
The west end of this 600 years Dazhalan street is official open after renovation and restoration. A few stores are still under construction. The East end is separated by a street. The west end is about 323 meter long. The construction of the building keeps the original bricks and tiles.

There many different type of shops for both local and tourist. Many small restaurants and hotels with reasonable price. You also can venture into the hutong nearby for foods and fruits.

The end of the west end can link up to Liulichang 琉 璃 廠 in ten minutes if you know where to go. If you cannot link it up at least you will has a tour of the hutong. Make sure you remember the route to return.

When you at the end of the west end, there is a “Y” street., to the left is shops and restaurant for the hutong area, to the right is mostly resident. You keep right until the next “Y”, there are a Muslim halal meat store and make a right. Until at the end is a “T”, you make a left. When end at another “Y” , make another right. The next block on the right should be Liulichang. If before noon there is an entrance to the morning market near the meat store.

The best way to get to Dashilar is from the newly open for tourist only Qianmen Pedestrians’ mall. There is an opening and entry at the middle of the mall to go in the old Qianmen east Dashilar. If you start in the middle to get in the west end from the street is very confusing by all the hutong and busy street. Avoid week ends by all means. Very crowed included the subway 1 or 2.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Street 12Street 12
Street 12

steet sign for the west end from the major cross street
Meat ShopMeat Shop
Meat Shop

Land mark market for turns to Liulichang street
Street 17Street 17
Street 17

side street restaurant
Street20Street20
Street20

tea shop
Street 19Street 19
Street 19

side street restaurant


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb