Beijing Zoo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 25th 2007
Published: April 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Went to the zoo this morning. Decided to walk there as i wanted to go to the foriegn lanuage bookstoore to get a map of shanghai and i belived that was half way there. I was wrong. I walked for an hour and a half.
the zoo has two entrances. I started at the south entrance and i never saw any english signs. As always the queue wasnt a queue. People pushing past each other and it took me a while to get to the ticket booth. ticket cost 20yuan, but did not include the aquaruim as i later found out. Thta cost another 100yuan.
The zoo has lots of animals, most i have seen before(lions, tigers, elephants etc). The pandas were the most popular as you can imagine. Thier was only three i could see and they each had their own area and were not interacting with each other. They looked playful though and looked and acted like a big bobo(my dog).
The best part however was watching two bears playfull fight with each other for ten minutes. It was amazing to watch these big animals beat each other up just for fun. Would hate to have fallen in.
Again the place was full of school children. Even though you had all these animals the still pointed and stared at me. If i charged them 1yuan for a photo and 5yuan to jab me with their finger i would be a millionare. Well in RMB only lol.
Lots of food and drinks available inside and since it was a sorcher i was glad.
Oh and if you ever go, watch the water sprinklers that are everywhere. They move back and forth and a 180degree angle. Everyone thought it would be funny to move them so that they soak thier friends walking past. Everyone in the zoo(about 1,000 at least) was moved i think, and i got caught twice much to the amusement of everyone else unless they got soaked also.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb