temple of heaven


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Temple of Heaven
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Temple of heavenTemple of heavenTemple of heaven

The centre point of the park and the biggest of three temples inside.
I have decide not to write a blog for every day as i would spend half my time online.

Went to see the Temple of Heaven. It was a splendid park to visit. it cost 15RMB to get into the park and35RMB to get into the three large temples inside the park. The buildings were very old as you can imagine and very colourful. I took a few pics which i will get online as soon as. The park was full of old chinese people playing cards, mahjong, singing and dancing. The younger ones were running around with kites and playing what looked like hide and seek and whats the time Mr Wolf.
The atmosphere was fun and friendly. The latterns had spakers in them and were playing classic chinese music. Add to the weather and it was a lovely place to spend an afternoon.

Was approached a few times in the park by more students to have a tea ceromony. If you tell them you have no money to pay for it they leave you alone. The students almost always seem to be girls aged about23/24yo and they approach you to pratice their english. However i think
Temple of heaven2Temple of heaven2Temple of heaven2

walking up the stairs to heaven, or so they claim
they are looking for a foreign man to spend money on them or maybe marry. If you spend the money on food and take them places i bet you would have a partner for life.

When i say i'm on a budget they always leave me alone. Not rich enough i suppose lol.

Anyway. I also went to the large market and the nature museum next to the temple of heaven. Had a good time in the musuem. The place was full of schoolchildren who were running around screaming. Whenever i went past one they always stopped and stared at me. A few were trying to take photos quietly of me instead of the dinasour which i found funny. A few were brave enough to ask me to stand next to their friends for a photo. All these animals on show, a massive aqaurium and lots of dinosaurs on display and the white man seemed to be the most intresting thing on show.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Temple of heaven3Temple of heaven3
Temple of heaven3

Me trying to look cool
Temple of heaven7Temple of heaven7
Temple of heaven7

the main path to the temple. It was deigned to run on a slope. This is to allow a gentle walk down as if your floating on clouds. How concrete can feel like a cloud i do not know.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb