the wall in winter,and evil cats


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
December 26th 2007
Published: December 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi again, the great wall kind of speaks for itself spectacular,walked for about three hours, its steeper than i expected, i'm also trying not to have any expectations this trip so not giving things too much thought before i get there.( also please excuse the spelling the pc i'm using has the keys rubbed off so using guess work and patience.)
Winter is a fantastic time to visit the great wall especially remoter bits like i did, you get it to yourself and you can wander off from your group and get alittle peace. Beautifully stark and very misty the first day, alittle icy and i'm so glad i did abit of a workout before i left the uk. Theres lots of stairs followed by less preserved bits which you need to climb alittle. Strenous on the legs and gets your heart pumping. You feel the queen of the world or at least china.
The pics will say it all when i work out how to do it!!
the next morning after a cold night and very basic facilities,at breakfast a cat wouldn't leave us alone and then it used ny shoulder bag as a toilet.
had another one hour walk, weather cold but blue skies, a contrast from the previous day, then cable car down very serene and peaceful and thanks to my thoughtful roommate who also remained silent. Head clear and focused.
Got bag back cleaned and bye wall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb