Final day of our Beijing trip


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Beihai Park
April 8th 2011
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is the final blog coming to you from our Beijing trip 2011! We have had a lovely time, and I know Nanny has really enjoyed herself, and has bravely plodded on (excuse the pun!) even though her legs and feet have not been cooperating at all times! Sunshine welcomed us this morning as we awoke with our early bird children. We had one final park to visit and that was Beihai Park. It is across from Jingshan Park and the Forbidden City, but much larger. A huge lake is situated in the middle of it and it is much more expensive to get in that Jingshan. We had been for a healthy lunch at Element Fresh before the park, and everyone was ready for a relaxing walk.

The most famous thing about Beihai Park is the white 'Dagoba' up another gazillion steps! After dropping Nanny off at a rest spot, the children and I climbed up to more spectacular views of the city. After this, we wandered around the lake, then found a bench to rest on while the children burned off some energy running around like crazy things! Mum and I decided we were very much 'temple-d out' and, although we are pleased we have visited all these beautiful parks, we have about done them now! This 'temple-d out' phrase came from the father of one of our friends who came to visit last year and had had enough of visiting the Chinese sights.

While we were sitting on our bench, we were approached by a Chinese lady who started prodding Mum's legs wondering why there were so swollen! We both agreed this really would not happen in the UK....could you imagine a random person coming up and starting to prod a tourist's legs without saying anything?!!! She did start talking to us and, once she realised Sophie could speak Chinese, had a bit of a chat. I half expected her to bring out some Chinese medicine for mum or something, but she eventually wandered off! These experiences are just so China!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



12th April 2011

Beijing
We must have almost been in Beijing at the same time. We arrived there on 4th April and flew to Xian to see the terracotta warriors and the museums. We then came back to Beijing and did the forbidden palace, the temple of heaven and the great wall at Badaling. On our last day we went on the hutong tour in the rickshaw then to see the birds nest stadium and the water cube and a market before we left for home at about midnight. It was along trip home but we finally made it on Sunday evening and are still catching up. Glad things are going well for you all. Love Christine & David xx

Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb