Earning our New Year's Celebration


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
December 31st 2016
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.4256, 103.86

It was all go this morning. We picked up our bikes at about 8:30 and headed out into the traffic. Luckily we tuned off onto the red clay country lanes before long and only had to worry about the chickens crossing the road ( and who knows why).

After about 20km we came to the first and only temple of the day, on the top of a hill. Fortunately we didn't have to bike but we did have 630 steps to climb. The view was fantastic and we felt like Indiana Jones discovering our very own ruined temple.

After the descent, it was back on the bikes for lunch and then we really went off road, through the jungle. It was quite a challenge, especially when you hit a patch of sand. I was the only casualty, albeit minor when I did an impressive skid in the sand and spiked myself with the gears of my own bike!

The last leg was along the temple outer wall which was 8m high but about 25m wide so quite safe really! All in all we covered about 55km.

We are now getting spruced up for New Year's Eve which seems to be a really big deal here. Lots of people have come into the city and there are parties and picnics already underway.

So Happy New Year to you all form Cambodia and see you next from Kuala Lumpur.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb