A New Year, a New Country.


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
January 1st 2017
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 3.12433, 101.684

Well, Siem Reap certainly knows how to party. Pub Street was absolutely jammed packed but we found a corner to hole up in and see in the New Year. When we retuned this morning, there were no party goers to be seen but the clean up crews had everything well under control.

We did a quick tour of the tourist markets looking for teatowels, t-shirts and other such stuff before heading to the airport by Tuktuk. Cambodia has been fantastic, the people are wonderful and the history, both recent and ancient, is fascinating for both good and bad reasons.

We arrived in KL city at about 7pm and checked into our hotel right across the road from the famous Petronos Towers. And even better, we got room upgrades. I am feeling almost agoraphobic in this huge room after the more cosy rooms I have been sharing with Kate over the last week. Thanks Yvonne, for the great recommendation.

To the disbelief of the hotel staff we walked to Chinatown to find some dinner and cruise the markets. It was about half an hour walk and the temperature had dropped to a pleasant mid twenties. We did notice a lot of people sleeping on the streets and even a couple of rats scuttling around - I think I prefer the wild life of the Cambodian countryside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st January 2017

Well, it wasn't called 'Pub Street' for nothing! Happy New Year!! Safe travels home! We had a similar experience in KL in 2015 - pretty spectacular views! See you soon!
2nd January 2017

Hope you packed a posh frock! Happy new year.

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb