Sihanoukville..............not a lot really!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
June 16th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we left Siem Reap early doors for our 6 hour bus trip back to Phnom Penh then straight onto another bus for 5 hours to Sihanouk ville, which is on the coast of vietnam. The bus journey seemed to take a life time! Once we arrived in Sihanoukville low and behold the heavens opened and we got soaked! We jumped in a tuk tuk and got taken to a guesthouse called GST, which was only $4 a night for a fan room, it was basic and did the job, but it was busy and it seemed most people were staying there.

Basically the town is set up aound the beach of which there isnt that much as most of the bars on the front consume the sand with their deckchairs and tables. However you have to take it for what it is and enjoy it. Its a great place really very chilled out and relaxed, our typical day consisted of getting up around 11am then wandering down the beach, having some lunch/breakfast then sunbathing all day, then going out for dinner and staying on the beach at night having a few drinks.

The beach bars all offered beach BBQ's these were only $3 and included squid, prawns and baracuda, well worth the money! I had one but Katie wasnt feeling too well so didnt try it. O also tried a local Khumer Fondu, which i definately recommend, all you can eat for $5!!!

However this didnt happen everyday as it rained a few days but we just chilled in the bars and restaurants and let the weather pass us by. We met a few groups of people and had some very good nights out. I ended up getting involved in the fire dancing, i used the stick with fire on either end and the guy taught me to spin it behind my back!

It was low season so was fairly quiet however there was always a bar with people in during the evening taking advantage of the happy hours and the free drinks on offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb