Bamboo Train Adventure


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bamboo Train!Bamboo Train!Bamboo Train!

Jo and I powered by moto man!
A day of a very local adventure with something of a witch as a tour guide who seemed to want to drink coffee or beer all day! I even tried a milked iced coffee- was good- especially considering i don't drink the stuff (oh and i've also had tomato ketchup and banana since being out here, not sure what's happening to my taste buds!)

Was a really good day- we got to see a local fishing port- with them food colouring the shrimps, making ice, and generally being fishermen (and ladies!) Went on to a smuggling village- lots of expensive cars around so u could tell they did good trade- anything from fridges to televisions, even people the smuggle!

Travelled 30km of a bamboo train- a wooden platform about 1.5m square motored by a moto attached to the side with one wheel on the track. Was great fun! Rule of the rain- if u come across another platform of people in the opposite direction, whoever has the least amount of stuff has to unload, de-rail and then reload! Saw lots of locals, cows on the line, and stopped for picnic just off the track on a bridge. Managed to fit 13 people in a taxi on the way back (the 4 of us on the backseat, and the rest locals!)

Advertisement



29th March 2007

what!!!!
Coffee, banana and ketchup? i dont believe it. now i cant smear ketchup all over my chips on a nite out to stop you nickin them! damm you grown up caz (or ben is it now?!!). all sounds amazing tho hun, keep up the updates! xxxx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb