Tricky Tunnels!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 27th 2007
Published: March 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well hello there! We are now in the wonderful city of Saigon (or Ho Chi Minh, but Saigon is a lot easier!)

Yesterday we toured the reunification palace, the war remnants museum and a very ornate local pagoda. All very interesting, but not so good learning about the war and the effects Agent Orange has had on the population since. Pretty much historied out at the end of the day!

We have spent today being very cultured and touristy (yet again!). Went on a trip to see Cao Dai temple- was absolutely beautiful, like something out of a disney set! It's for a religion that's a mixture between buddhism, christianity, taoism, and hinduism! All crazy but think they just pick the best bits- and build beautiful temples!

Then headed to Cu Chi Tunnels- a very dark, damp and cramped experience! An amazing network of very tiny tunnels used by the local guerillas to hide from the Americans during the Vietnam War. Also had developed some amazingly clever- but cruel- devices as booby traps for catching enemies with nails and such like!

Sorry about lack of photos on here- its really tricky and takes ages but promise i wil upload a few when have them on CD (they're being put on as i type!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb