very late entry


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
March 27th 2009
Published: March 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

well well well; it has finally been working for me!!!

im gonna do this really quickly as one i dont have my diary with me so i cant say exactly where i have been, two id have sooooo much to say and three i dont have my card reader with me so i will have to do pics another day!!! prob in about 4 days time as im not so sure the place we go to in the morning willl have internet!!

well my big stories are; the leg is all healed now; and not even really a scar to prove it was even there (silly sunshine) but the other news was we had a home stay and it was in the middle of nowhere and it was dirt tracks; it looked like something out of the war films but was amazing; anyway i woke up at 4am and my whole body had swollen; i couldnt bend my hand and my rings were stucj into my skin: i totally freaked out but in a few days were all better!!!! we had mozzie nets over our beds (actually it was rubbish netting over a mattress on the bamboo floor haha); then i came out in all these red pimples; they didnt look like bites as they wernt raised; anyway im all good now!! yer that stay was amazing; we played with the local kids all day and chilled out; it was so so so hot and humid; they didnt have a shower so it was a bucket from the well; and if that wasnt bad enough you have to cover up as it was rude to show too much skin; phew it was warm and even warmer at night!!!!

anyway were back in phnom penh (south combodia); we were here for 3 days then went on the homestay; been to s.ville for 3 days and back overnight and heading out to another home stay in the morning and onto siem riep (angkor wat) for 3 days; soooo looking forward to that!!!! s.ville was so relaxing; sunbathing and saving money was our mission for that time; boring as it sounds the view was just white sand; blue sky even bluer warm sea, good cheap food and lots good people to share it with!!! cambodia is another must for people but i dont think i like it as much as the other places i have been; theres alot more poverty here and it doesnt feel as safe for a woman; weve seen loads of robbings; people here are either very rich or very poor!!!! its a really troubled country and lots and lots of beggers; much worse than anywhere we have been!!! i havent seen any animal crulty but they dont look as good here than other places either!!! we were at the killing fields and thesection 21 prision today; that was soooo brutal!!!! man it was awful; s.21 was a school that turned into a tortune and interigation priosn; people only stayed there for 1 year then killed; the history is awful; there was like 3 million people killed in the space of 4 years!!! and the worst thing was; it was only 30 years ago!!!! i actually cried when we were at the killingifelds; its one of them things you read about, think you know how it feels but when you there and see the actual buildings and mass graves (with bones still in them) it really brings it home what this country has been throu!! im reading the book 'the girl in the picture'and thats about a wee girl who was running away from a bomb in south west vietnam and how her picture hit the western headilins; shes now a spokeswoman for an internation company but the history again is unreal!!! i suppose i was the naive one who didnt actually realise how brutal it all was!!!

on a happier note; dad and co. you would love vietnam; the french input has made the place so different and i get the feeling you would all love the cities and the countryside!!! you must try and go!!! its very cheap when your here as well!!!! the good thing with vietnam and combodia is the cities are quite small and there all based around rivers and lakes so you never really feel in a city; theres also lots of temples and palaces to chill out in; dad there into there biddihism so youd fit in well here!!!

as you all know im doing ym thai boxing in thailand now so i only have 9 days when i arrive there so im taking myself up to chaing mai and doing 2 stops on the way; 3 days in each!! then when i return i have 3 days before i start my second tour and i intend to to go the river kwai for that!!! im fairly organised; well i know what i want to do just need to book it!!! think everything is soreted for oz now (mum my plice check has arrived in oz, THANK YOU) i start work on the 1st july for 6 months; central melbourne i am based in and il get a place organised when im there; i have 10 free days there before i start so me and gerard will look about; so if anyone wants free acco and food for a few weeks your more than welcome!!!

well enough talking from me now; how is everyone??? any new gossip or adventures happening?? there must be somethings?? hows the weather??

i will write again soon or just attempt to put pics up in a few days time;

love to all

em xxxx


ps i really really REALLY hope this works this time!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb