CAMBODIA: Basil chocolate ganache & other delights


Advertisement
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
November 27th 2013
Published: November 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

CAMBODIA: Basil chocolate ganache & other delights. "I could not sleep last night" he admitted. "I was awake at 3 a.m. worrying what I was going to cook for you tonight." He's Mikael Wenger...the French Executive Chef of the Angkor Village Resort...and he is about to present us with tonight's dessert. 'Basil chocolate ganache, rose apple, salt and espelette chili'...just the na... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 105, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

BANTEAY SREIBANTEAY SREI
BANTEAY SREI

The Citadel of Women...the most exquisite temple of them all



27th November 2013
MEKONG LOBSTER

Food as Art!
Sitting here salivating as I read your menus and gorge on your food photos. How fabulous that you went all out and were rewarded with your own private chef! Massages, giant pool and amiable company sound pretty good, too. A fine end to your Asian travels--good show!
27th November 2013
MEKONG LOBSTER

Food as Art!
Thanks Tara. We have to eat...we have to socialise...we have to travel...might as well enjoy it. An indulgent blog but as everyone has a different travel experience...worth sharing. Also gives me an excuse to show pics of 3 of the most stunning temples in Cambodia!
27th November 2013

Incinerador de Grasa
Incinerador de Grasa http://incineradordegrasaz.es/ We have eaten well around the world...in the remote...the desolate...the opulent...the exotic...banquets where others have travelled from other provences to drink with me...with folks of every colour and creed...but never before have we had a French executive chef...cooking up a storm exclusively for us...day after day.
27th November 2013

Incinerador de Grasa
Translates as "Food Fat Furnace". I usually don't encourage spam but this spammer really made me laugh. What a lark...a blog about Hospitality, Massage & Cuisine attracting spam on overeating or reducing the waistline...made my day!!!
28th November 2013

Your experience and the personal attention of the chef...
reminded me of Gerard Depardieu and Queen Latifa in "The Last Holiday." If you haven't seen it, I recommend this light romantic comedy. Congratulate Denise for having planned the perfect ending for your visit to Indochina.
28th November 2013

Your experience and the personal attention of the chef...
You are right Bob. Denise definitely scored a winner when she booked our digs. Maybe gives you some idea of our expectations when we visit you in Colorado Springs...hospitality, massage & cuisine...looking forward to it already!!!
28th November 2013

Angkor Village Resort
Remember you waxing lyrical about this place. Would've booked it ourselves had we not already taken the plunge with another. Of course, my hotel was better than yours...you even went to check it out. Now an entire blog about your place. Talk about a recommendation...with pictures; lots of sumptuous mouth-watering pictures to boot. You win. I'm staying here next time. BTW is that a picture of the pool in the panorama?
28th November 2013

Angkor Village Resort
Memory is a funny thing Jason. As I recall you were defiant to not book traditional Khmer digs..."prefer concrete & glass" you said..."like to be near the Airport" you said..."the sound of planes overhead make me feel like home". Well you got your wish...and I got mine. Didn't want to rub it in with pics of us in a cabana, around the pool, 4 poster bed, sumptuous tropical locale...you know me better than that...wouldn't do that to you!!!
28th November 2013

You had me at ganache...
So did you get the recipe and bring it home to recreate? Looks amazing! I haven't been to Cambodia, what an excellent reason to bump it up the list a bit.
28th November 2013

You had me at ganache...
A food blog from the Dancing One...and not from Denise...who'd have thought. But you know I am partial to delicious. Remember us eating Thai curries & roast duck with our fingers before that West African gig Rachael...licking our fingers with delight...and then imagine Basil Chocolate Ganache and calling for more.
28th November 2013

Sounds amazing!
And I know what you mean about the Europeans trying to save a buck. Never quite understood that, if you've already spent quite a sum on flight and perhaps accommodation, why skimp on food and experiences? In my opinion that's what you should spend your money on while away. :)
28th November 2013

Sounds amazing!
No truer words Per-Olof...we holiday to experience...why be reluctant to embrace?
29th November 2013

We can assure you great hospitality...
but not sure about the gourmet cuisine...just good home cooking. And as for the massage, not sure about that either (although I did post a blog about receiving a Thai massage)! But we look forward to your visit...just let us know the approximate dates as you plans develop and what you want to see in the area (within a thousand mile radius). I meet with Pierre-Alexandre on 6 December, and plans to meet Ali and Michelle when they come this way in May. There's nothing like the TB family!
29th November 2013

We can assure you great hospitality...
This what sets Travelblog apart from other travel or blog sites...true great friends around the world. Your offer delights us...we'll be in touch.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb