Siem Reap - Day 19


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 22nd 2010
Published: October 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

20th September 2010
Another long day ahead! We left the hostel at 4.45 am to get to Angkor Wat, buy our day passes and watch the sun rise. We were fairly early and got seats in the front row, the sun was up by about 6.40am so we then headed for breakfast. Angkor Wat is the largest religious monument in the world and the only UNESCO world heritage site in Cambodia. We went to a few of the smaller temples to start and then headed to Angkor Thom - the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. It was pretty big and there were a lot of steps! We had one more stop before lunch and it involved a 20 minute uphill walk to get to it, we got to the top of the hill and still had to climb to get to the top of the temples. The steps where even steeper than before, the only way you could get up was to walk up the steps sideways and use your hands to help!
After lunch we went to Angkor Wat Temple which is the main temple - again it was very big and pretty spectacular.
We got back to the hostel about 2ish and went for a full body massage at a local spa. It was really nice after all the climbing we had been doing all morning and it only cost $5 for the hour.
In the evening we went for dinner in a local restaurant and then went to The Temple Bar; It ended up being a pretty big (and i mean like huge!) night and we only spent $12! We got in about 3.30am so we had been up just short of 24 hours!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb