siem reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
February 11th 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After an amazing trip through laos, i've made it to siem reap in cambodia! i'm spending 5days here to see the city and go to the ankor wat temples. i'm so excited, but actually shattered! it's so hot here in asia!!

what should have been a very boring day in Pakse (southern laos) turned out to be really fun! i met an austrialian who showed me the life of sitting, drinking and eating!

I went the wat pho festival in champassak and it was such a traumatic experience even getting there! after my overnight bus i got loaded on to a crowded tuk tuk and whisked to my extremely overpriced guesthouse (after going down many winding and dusty lanes!!) i hired a bike on my second day and burned my hands forgetting that they would exposed during the entire ride and when i got there, it was so crowded with people, funfair rides and so much incense!!! it made the temperature rise quite a few degrees!! 😊

wat pho itself was lovely but there really wasn't much left!! a few walls from the 5th BC whichw as impressive, but again not much else!! i'm trying to find ways to fill the day today!! i've walked round the city, found the museum but refused to pay $15 to get in!!! and now sat having a non-alcoholic drink in the heat of the day!! hiring a bike again tomorrow and saturday to visit the temples, but i'm going by tuk tuk to see the sunrise and the further temples in the complex on friday!! i really can't wait!! early night tonight i think!!!

i'm definatly going back to laos one day, the people were so friendly and it was so beautiful!! cambodia is also stunning, the small area that i've seen! i can't wait to settle in one plane, but i only haev two more weeks to be nervous about teaching!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb