Dochula pass : Bhutan


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan » Thimphu
December 29th 2010
Published: December 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post



108 chortens/stupas ? Dochula pass



Dochula pass (10,900 feet/3300 meter), is 16km far from Thimpu and some 30 minutes drive. You will admire the sterling view of snow-capped Himalayas and the hundreds of "broadcasting" prayer flags. Sometimes truck traffic can be a bit irritating .During winter road to Dochula pass is covered with mild snow. You will find mild snow fall in the entire Thimphu Vallley. Prime attraction to visit Dochula pass is 108 chortens/stupas.



108 chortens/stupas ? Dochula pass



The sharp peak that stands at the Dochula pass is masagang (7200 m) dominating the region,other mighty peaks on in this region are Tsendagang (6960 m), Terigang (7060 m),Jejegangphugang (7158m) and Kangphugang (7170m).

Read more : http://thinkingparticle.com/articles/dochula-pass-bhutan


Advertisement



31st January 2011

Bhutan travel
Bhutan is the small country between two large giant, China in the north and India in the south. Bhutan with only 675000 populations is heading towards modernization very fast. Bhutan still has its own way of life preserving its tradition and culture which is the first priority of Bhutan Goverment. Bhutanese are very proud of their cultural inheritance and believes in Gross National Happiness. Tourism in Bhutan has played a very important role in exposing the most preserved culture and tradition of Bhutan to the outside world.Though the inflow of tourist is very low comparing to other neighbouring countries despite that Tourism industry is the second largest income earners of Bhutan revenue.There are still hotel shortages and other infra structure for larger tourist inflow.Bhutan is still 50 years back from the developed world.Tourism have played a vital role in developing the countries economy and employing people,around 5% of Bhutan population are involved in tourism sector.The packages that tour operator offer for tourist visiting Bhutan are Cultural tour,Festival tour,Spiritual tour,Trekking,Biking and botanical tour.Above all the most popular one is cultural tour which includes farm house stay,sight seeing,visiting monasteries built 400 years ago,knowing local people,spending time in nature filled places.”You shouldn’t miss the Farm House Stay in Bhutan”says one of the clients visiting Bhutan,The real Bhutan donot lie in the hotels or transportation but in local people houses. The top attraction of the country is its natural environment, preserved culture and tradition since Bhutan remained untouched for many centuries and first tourist visited Bhutan only in 1974 with 284 arrivals in the kingdom.Bhutan is also the last Bastion of Mahayana Buddhism,and enthusiast love to have spiritual tours guided with spiritual leader.Bhutan is paradise for haven for flora and fauna with 5400 vascular plants,360 species of orchids,46 species of rhododendrons and 200 species of mammals and 770 species of Birds which includes the endangerd birds like black necked crane,Himalayan griffon,the unique high altitude Wader and many more.Further research may reveal extra taxa,this is remarkable given the small geographical size.Recent finding of Bengal tiger by BBC world living in this Himalayas above 3200m have made the Bhutan as last protected habitat and there are almost 115 to 150 tigers in Bhutan which are continuously distributed without any isolated population.If you want to see this beautiful place do contact us at migae@druknet.bt or visit our website at www.bhutantourisms.com.

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb