Bhutan tour starts


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan » Paro
April 18th 2017
Published: November 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

18.04.2017

In the morning we went to Bhutan. There is separate entry for vehicles and passengers. We crossed the border walking and went to Immigration office. Now Bhutan govt. has made the visa bio metric. One has to give fingerprints and then they take photos and stamp the immigration form. No fee is charged for Indians. The process took long because the agents standing in the queue were having many forms and their visitors came late and were attended early. Even Veena World group was there.

We did immigration and then went to same hotel of yesterday in Bhutan for breakfast. Packed lunch was also ordered. We came back walking in hotel at Jaigaon. We had already packed our bags and were ready for travel to Bhutan.

There this small bus came (19 seats) which was to take us at Bhutan. Nayan was our captain. A good captain, because he brought us very smoothly through the hilly area which goes round and round. This travel was also a long one. The roads in Bhutan are well maintained and smooth. Our destination today was Paro. Two days stay was in Paro.

As door of the bus was defective, it was opening often. Nayan, on the way stopped bus at one point and took stick of wood and cut it to the required measure to stuck up from the bottom of the door. As it was a plain place to sit and eat, we decided to have the packed lunch there. Nayan told us to put all the garbage in the box again and throw at next dust bin point. Bhutan is very particular about cleanliness and conservation of nature.We carried the plates etc. in the box and at next garbage bin the box was unloaded.

The stick, Nayan prepared, fitted the door properly.

On the way, he showed us place of Hydro Electric Project. From the stupa, a road goes to a tunnel. In the tunnel the project building is there. By the time we reached Paro , it was passed 7 in the evening. From the bus, we saw illuminated Monestry and Museum. We checked in in Tashi Lading Resort. Here there are no fans in the room as it is cold in all seasons.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb