AfriciaMercy Volunteer-Sailing


Advertisement
Africa
June 20th 2012
Published: June 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last night the gurkhas made the dinner. They made some kind of flat bread they called fry bread. There was curried chicken and potatoes served with rice. It was good. Everyone came to dinner. We have a crew galley which is a small kitchen for the crew to use if they want to cook their own food. It is used frequently for making birthday cakes and cookies. We can purchase some ingredients from the ship shop. Sometimes one of the crew will make a home dish. At present, I think we have 32 nations represented on board.

The sail is going well. First we headed SW from Togo, Then E. and now NW. The final direction will be north. We are probably near to Sierra Leone at present. Mostly, it has been cloudy. It was sunny on Monday afternoon. I spent the afternoon reading on deck eight. On Sunday, we had worship services on deck seven. It was too rough to go to the bow. I wished it had been later. I had to clean and wash the dishes with others on my team. The services started immediately when dinner ended. Usually, it starts a half hour later. Right now, Wednesday morning, we are enjoying a little sun light. The waters are not as rough as the first two days. That will change when we head N. The waves will be hitting us on the side.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb