Ghana


Advertisement
Africa
July 16th 2009
Published: July 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Oba-mania hit Ghana last week, as the 44th President of the United States touched down at the Kotoka International Airport.

Barack Hussain Obama visited the west coast of Africa in a two day tour of Ghana, taking in a trip to the Cape Coast Castle and conducting a speech at the Ghana Conference Hall with his counterpart President Mills. The event included ex Ghanaian president J.A Kuffour and government officials from both Africa and the White House.

The president of the U.S is well known for his charismatic and powerful speech, those who witnessed the spirited reunion of the first black president of the States were not to be disappointed. Obama was at the end of a tour that included major countries such as Russia and Italy.

His speech entailed positive remarks of Ghana’s economy and its people, with opportunity, democracy, health, peace and change at the forefront of his speech. He also promised to fight tropical disease, saying that a $63 billion project had been set in a quest to see the end of deaths due to diseases such as HIV Aids and Malaria.

Barrack Obama left the hall in raptures stating: “it is not just what happens in Moscow or Rome that affects the world, but what happens right here in Accra.” He also added: “I see Africa as a fundamental part of the world and I promise America will be with you every step of the way.”

Ghanaian President Mills expressed his delight, for the U.S president choosing to visit Ghana, saying he was “privileged” after presenting Barack and his family with a huge “Akwaaba” on behalf of himself his staff and the people of Ghana.

At the end of a two day stay, Ghana and its people can take great pride of the visit, which is the US president’s first tour of a sub-Saharan country. The visit of Ghana has


Strengthened an already tight partnership with the U.S and has shown not only Africa but the world that Ghana is capable of holding such a showcase event.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb