South Luangwa Park


Advertisement
Africa
December 11th 2006
Published: December 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is the first real time I have had to post, connection is not good so I will not be proof reading.
The ourney over ot Africa was reatively easy, I and Renske met me at Lilongwe airport. We stayed with some friends for two nights, then set off on our independent travels.

The first experience was an African mini bus journey - in a vehicle build for about 11 passengers, they put 28 people at one stage on the journey to the Zambian border! One por man fell asleep and realised too late that he need to get out, so hwistled to stop the bus, then climbed out of the window!!
However, we arrived safely at the border, visas were sorted, tehn caught a taxi into Chipata. (Actually, the taxis catch you here - football alliegance decided the day on this journey!)

Chipata was interesting, just a typical small town built around a cross roads. The church was still there, but not the swimming pool! So I celebrated my birthday in Africa for the first time for xxxxx years!

Renske and I became Kwacha millionairesses and Ian spent our money on a taxi to the South Luangwa Park where we ar enow staying. It is lovely to see this are again, we went on a morning safari today and saw lots of wildlife - photos may come later, we are not allowed to use the USBN port here! Tonight we do another safari and tomorrow is chill out time by the pool.
Today being Monday, I thought of all you workers at 9 o'clock and toasted you at beer time last night!!
Most important of all - Happy Birthday Livvy.

Advertisement



11th December 2006

Glad you're having fun, and had a good birthday. Keep taking the tablets!
11th December 2006

b-day
It's good to know you are safe :) Happy birthday to you!
13th December 2006

Hi Lizzie P
So great to hear you over the crackling ether. looking forward to your next instalment.

Tot: 0.675s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb