Dakotah's Blog


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Bulawayo
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Botswana April 26
Botswana is where we went for an overnight trip. Batswana is another country next to Zimbabwe. We went there to get money for our tour on May 3rd; we can’t get American money in Bulawayo. Anyway, when we got there most…well all of the banks were closed. Of course, none of us thought to use the bank machines. We searched around for a place to stay that was cheap enough that we could pay with the little pulas we had already. We hand’t found a room to stay in so we were gonna camp. But we didn’t have a tent so we asked Aruna to ask her cousin for a tent to borrow. He didn’t have one. But, he offered to let us stay at his house. Now what we worried about was that we already paid for our overnight campsite. Would we get a refund? Luckily we did and everything was ok after that except, well for the banks. You see, it was months end so all of the people were standing in lines for the banks to cash in their money. In the end we had gone to four banks and one twice. It had taken us eight hours, but it was done. If we hadn’t done that we wouldn’t have been able to go to Hwange and Victoria falls.

AWANA April 28
Today we went to the AWANA club. We were invited there by Shepherd (a friend from Masiye camp) Shepherd is actually an orphan and grew up through AWANA clubs and is now a leader in it. That is one thing that shows that AWANA works. The AWANA games that they played were very makeshift. They used different coloured cord to make the lines and for beanbags they used shoes that the children had brought. But the kids still had fun, and after that was handbook time. They didn’t all have books but everyone still learned.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb