Whale hippos and Braii with Jason and Lisa


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
May 13th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -12.8546, 31.311

Decided to do a three mile loop around the camp to get ready for our bike ride with Potifer. Of course we stop and visit with everyone as we walk along which makes the walk even more pleasant.

We are having a braii with Jason and Lisa tonight with some of the steaks we got from the South Africans. While we were walking, all of a sudden, two of the hippos that had been facing off with each other all of a sudden started chasing each other in these giant leaps into the water, breach and then dive again. They really looked like whales to us! Watched them for awhile and then the show was over.

Worked on travel stories in the afternoon and then one of the workers came to get us because there was a snake swallowing a poor little frog. Sad to see but of course this is nature. Robert told Alberto and Anna about it and Alberto got the end of the story with the snake squeezing the frog down its stomach. Pretty amazing to see,

The Braii: Jason and Lisa have a wheel cover grille that is open grille on two thirds of it and the last third is solid stainless steel. Cooks a great steak. Of course the cook is a big part of it as well. Had jacketed potatoes, a large salad with papaya slices on it, fresh chives and cheese for the potatoes as well as some awesome hot mustard and mayonaise.

They shared the end of their bottles of Fat Bastard Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. All so very nice. Great evening of excellent food, nice wine, and great conversation.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb