18th


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
September 20th 2012
Published: September 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I'll start off by saying sorry for the lack of pictures but this is due to Internet problems with my bloody laptop AGAIN. Anyway up the next day for 6am and after the morning meeting it was off on a training lion walk, we are given a stick (not to beat the lions) to distract the lions if they get a bit too aggressive. In the afternoon we got a tour of the dambwa enclosures were the 7 adult lions live which are part of the breeding programme. We also got to meet the awesome hero an ultra aggressive totally wild 10 year old male who was rescued by lion encounter to prevent him being killed (he has an amazing back story which I won't go into now) after feeding the dambwa pride we helped the others weighing the donkey meat for the 12 cubs back at lion encounter, which wasn't as bad as I thought but chopping a donkey up might be another matter. All in all a fantastic day.

Ps don't worry mum I'm up to date with my malaria tablets 😊

Advertisement



20th September 2012

tan/fight
Hi MATT!! Hope your enjoying yourself out there. Bet those early starts are tough? Have you got a tan yet? and have you had a hand to paw fight with hero yet?
21st September 2012

Awesome
Yo mate im having a brilliant time thanks mate, the mornings arnt too bad cause it's worth getting up for :) I'd love to fight hero but no-one goes anywere near him, he's a big dangerous boy :) u looking fwd to yr wedding?
21st September 2012

At Last!
Glad to hear you are taking the malaria tablets, that's one worry off my mind! Looking forward to hearing more details about life in Livingstone and your nephew is desperate to see some pictures of the 'tigers' he insists Uncle Matt is looking after. Talk soon! Mum
21st September 2012

All is well
Hello hope everyone back home is good, im really loving it out here and ive not even done any of the trips yet :) im just getting a bit frustrated by the lack of internet and so im not able to get pictures on this blog.Tell dad its around 38 degrees most days but the work isnt that difficult so its not too bad.
23rd September 2012

Back from Spain
Hi Matt, £12 win on our lotto, might be the big one next week so you will be able to play with the lions for the rest of your life. Mum's turn now - Keep sending the pictures, they're great although the lions look a lot bigger than I expected somehow! Ignore any thoughts of a 'hand to paw fight' and keep taking the malaria tablets.
23rd September 2012

Back from Spain
Hi Matt, £12 win on our lotto, might be the big one next week so you will be able to play with the lions for the rest of your life. Mum's turn now - Keep sending the pictures, they're great although the lions look a lot bigger than I expected somehow! Ignore any thoughts of a 'hand to paw fight' and keep taking the malaria tablets.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb