1st day Monday 17th


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
September 18th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally arrived after a day of travelling, only managed 2 movies on my long haul flight. Got picked up around 2pm and taken to the lion encounter resort. No time for a rest so me and the 5 other newbies were off straight out on a client lion walk (were paying visitors come for a walk with thehandlers and volunteers) with the 2 Z's. These 2 lions are about 21 months old and fairly big but still classed as cubs. After that it was back to the white house (the main house were everyone eats and chills out) to meet the staff and the rest of the volunteers of which there are 18 in total so I'm struggling to remember everyone's names. After something to eat and a chat with some of the volunteers (and somehow managing to resist the temptation of having a beer) it was back to my room but because im staying in an area called Bristol you need an escort back after dark incase of wild animals roaming about ie elephants and hippos. Apparently on that night there was a hippo roaming around the toilets in Bristol right outside my door, but because I was trying out one of these early night thingys I slept right through it 😞 special thanks to mike foots for telling cara to give me all the shitty jobs grrrr.

Advertisement



28th September 2012

Haha dont know waht you mean buddy ;)
28th September 2012

Grrr
Lol I think you do, even the shit jobs are not that bad anyway so it's all good. Did you tell me not to mention to cara what project you and charmaine are doing next? Just incase I don't put my foot in it

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb