Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
December 24th 2006
Published: December 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have visited the Falls twice in the last few days and they are mind blowing. The figures of 800,000,000 litres of water flowing over in one minute are just too much to take on board. So I won't talk about those! The Falls are in a National Park which you have to pay to enter, which is fair enough. They have laid trails that you can follow to get to the vantage points for viewing them.

(These paths are of course fairly near to the edge of the opposite 'cliff', so my vertigo received some serious battering. I think it is being pushed into some sort of order, I did the walking and by the second visit I walked over knife edge bridge unaided and with my glasses on. Great achievement! Enough of that though.)

The sound is incredible - a continuous thundering roar. The spray is water that has gone down the Falls, then been pushed up the opposite side and it soaks you! It is warm so it really didn't matter. The views were incredible and mesmeric, watching waterfalls makes me want to jump in. Not a good idea!!

Paul and Estelle have joined us so on the second trip we also walked across the Victoria Falls Bridge. That was amazing, the views up and down the river Zambezi in the 'crack in the ground' next to the Falls were so different - beautiful. We also saw the place where the rafts start their trips so we could see part of our Chritmas Day journey. Hmmm!!

It is always humbling to see something so spectacular, and this Wonder of the World was no exception.

Advertisement



24th December 2006

Vertigo Indeed
You paint a vivid picture Liz and it all sounds wonderful. Knife Edge bridge sounds as though it would no doubt be a severe challenge to me too!! The spray from the falls will prepare you for the rafting!! Good luck and enjoy it. Love, John
24th December 2006

victoria falls
well done miss uv conquered one fear now for the other have fun tomorrow i will wish i was there you sound as if your having great fun
26th December 2006

bridge
I hope you took a photo of Knife Edge Bridge :)

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb