we stay another day in paradise? Please!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar
September 29th 2005
Published: October 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Charlie was given the unenviable task of reorganising everything so we could stay in this little paradise for one extra night. While all of this background goings on was happening, Darren was snorkelling and Charmaine was lazing on the white sand having a massage and a Henna tattoo. Much more lazing, strolling in the sand and drinking cocktails was done and very little else.
The next day we decided to treat ourselves and head back to Stone Town with Jamie, Rachel, Ben and Anna (who were all leaving the trip at this point). We had pre booked a room at Africa House and we arrived there to a very warm reception and a lovely colonial style room. Air conditioning, fan, TV, hot running water, and Internet were all thoroughly abused, so much so that we had to use a woolly blanket to keep us warm that night, which was great, especially when telling everyone and gloating just a little.
After a lovely sleep in listening to the tropical rain storm which had hit that morning, and a smashing breakfast of real Kellogs Cornflakes and Rice Crispies and some Bungo juice (you can’t make this shit up!) we met up with the rest of the guys to head back over to Dar es Salaam.
The ferry was a little rougher this time and Darren spent the majority of the trip on the bough trying not to throw-up. Finally we were on land, but not for long as we had the small ferry crossing to do, it was especially smelly today, Charmaine decided it smelt like pigs ears! Once over we headed straight for Mikadi beach resort and more slushies!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb