a campsite and what an awesome surprise


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
October 2nd 2005
Published: October 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Up again early and on the road again, we were heading quickly toward the Tanzania border with Malawi, before we crossed we had one more night in Tanzania, this was to be like a dream come true.
After about 9 hours of more great roads we arrived at our home in the mountains for the night. Being 1800m above sea level (equivalent to a ski resort in Europe) the sun was blisteringly hot and the night was bitter yet refreshingly cool.
We, or Charmaine, decided that we were upgrading, and what an upgrade it was. The hut had two beds, an oil lamp, fresh linen, fresh flowers and was just lovely. The site showers were toasty warm, local water was drinkable and to top it all, Charlie the little minx had kept secret the restaurant on site with our pre-planned dinner of spicy carrot soup, roast beef in gravy, potatoes, veg and cakes for desert. Awesome! We even got drummed in when we arrived at the restaurant. All of this was owned and run by a lovely 4th Generation European woman who was educated in an English boarding school and was very well spoken but a more gracious and welcoming host you couldn’t ask for. We were all so chuffed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb