DAY 7 - Lupita Island Paradise


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » West
June 29th 2011
Published: December 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The next day we were taken to a beach on the lakeshore, where we swam, snorkeled and sunned while enjoying drinks and snacks.<span><span><span> Lake Tanganyika is home to hundreds of cichlids, many of which are unique to this lake.<span> There were also otters, water cobra and tiny freshwater jellyfish.<span> Some of the others fished, kayaked, <span> and went water skiing.<span>Yet another group took advantage of a side helicopter trip to nearby Kalambo Falls on the Zambian border.

I headed back early via complimentary golf cart for my scheduled massage.<span> Perched high on the island, it was a breezy balmy open-air affair with an excellent view of the lake.<span> One of my best massages ever, and I’ve had a lot!<span> In the afternoon the kids played at the pool, or in the game room, where there was ping pong, pool, foosball, and darts.<span> I managed to get to the gift shop.

Before dinner, as usual, the campfire was the gathering point of choice, and a terrific vantage from which to view the spectacular night sky full of stars while sipping Amarula.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb