Tuesday Oct 2--How connected we are


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Usa River
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend we went on a climb of Mt. Meru with Davona and her family. There are pictures of all of us on the baby home website:
www.cradleoflove.com. Check the entry titled "Weekend Wonders" for Sept 30th.
We also went to Christ Church (Anglican) in Arusha for Sunday worship and enjoyed it so much. They had three choirs and I loved the youth choir from Moshi who sang African songs and danced--MoTown style or perhaps MoTown copied African style. It was so joyful. We also meet Bishop Simon Makundi of the Mt. Kilimanjaro Diocese who rode back with us to the baby home. It is amazing the synchronistic connections of people in this world. In our conversation he asked us if we knew someone named "Meredith." I asked him if he meant "Meredith from the U.N?" and he said "yes." Well, it turns out we had met Meredith in the parking lot of the baby home while on our way to church and she told us Christ Church was the church she worshipped at. Bishop Simon and she had been trying for some while to meet. She was volunteering at the baby home on Sunday and we told him she was there, so we gave him a ride and the two of them met. She is an Episcopalian who had worked with the bishop of Ohio and is now doing work with the U.N. and a judge on the war crimes tribunal being held in Arusha for the Rwandan war crimes.
The funeral and burial for Tom's mother will be Wednesday back home. The people at the church here have been so kind in offering us prayers. Tomorrow we are going to church here at 9:00 and Bishop Simon will be saying prayers. It has been hard on Olivia that she did not get to say good-bye to her grandma, so I hope this will give her some peace.
A new volunteer arrived her from Spain today. Her name is Anna. She is a young woman who quit her job as a translator (German, Spanish, English) to come here. So the nannies will have a fun time with our names, Anne and Anna, since they tend to call me "Ian."
Thinking of all of you.
Anne

Advertisement



4th October 2007

Thank you and God bless you
Dear Anne and Tom. Thank you for the wonderful updates. Your experiences are so amazing! You are meeting so many people! It is good you are going to some beautiful places and getting plenty of fresh air too! Again, I am so sorry about your mother Tom. I continue to pray for all of you. Be well and know that God is with you. Hugs. Elizabeth
5th October 2007

Sorry for your loss
Hey Tom, sorry for the loss of your mother-so hard when you are away. Life goes on at the Y much like everyday-they have quite an energetic chinese girl filling in for you-total sweetheart. I enjoyed cathing up on your posts-it's been beautiful biking weather-but nothing quite so cool as what you and the family are doing there in Tanzania. All my best, and a prayer for comfort in your loss kari
8th October 2007

Kari
Thanks for the comment and the kind words about my mum. I haven't been working out...no bike...unsafe roads...I miss it and want to start training in January. I am thinking a half marathon and at least one longer tri and a few others this season. See you at the Y.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb