Leopards & Cheetahs & Lions...oh my!!!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
August 8th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning I woke up at 4.00am desperate for a pee but decided to hold off until 5.00am when everyone would be waking up for breakfast. We got up and went for food then headed off to do another game drive, seeing sunrise as we drove. Today was amazing, our guide Simba drove like a lunatic making sure that we seen a leopard, more lions and two cheetahs. It was a great game drive and we were back at camp for lunch before heading back towards Arusha where we would be staying the night before heading to Dar es Salaam. We had a great time at the Serengeti and it was really interesting seeing the difference between it and the Masai Mara due to the climate differences.

The drive back took quite a while due to a couple of unfortunate events – but as they say, this is Africa! Our jeep not only took a flat tyre but also overheated attempting to drive up a hill, not a very steep one mind! We had to get out of the jeep and Chris helped Simba change the tyre and then we waited a while for the jeep to cool down, at the same point the thunder had started and the rain! We got back in the jeep and managed to catch up with the rest of the group in the other jeeps only to have lots of people beeping at us, Simba pulled over to discover we had yet another flat tyre! This got changed and we headed again managing to make it back to camp. We pitched our tent and everyone went for a shower as we were all really dusty from the safari, the showers were cold but very refreshing, and to be fair we are getting used to cold showers by now as this is common at most campsites.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb