Lions and Cheetahs and Elephants - Oh My! Safari was Awesome!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Entrance to the SerengetiEntrance to the SerengetiEntrance to the Serengeti

Here we are at the entrance to the Serengeti with our guide Mike, some Maasai Tribe women and Yuan a lady who was on safari with us.
Hi there! All we can say is that Safari in the Serengeti, Arusha National Park, Lake Manyara and the Ngorongoro Crater was incredible! We did a camping safari which was a lot of fun! And yes, all of the pictures we posted below we did actually take ourselves! We were fortunate, and got to see what they call the Big Five - lions, cheetahs, elephants, a black rhino with a youngster and many, many buffalo. We also saw a lot of baby animals! Camping in the serengeti during the full moon was breath taking! Hope you enjoy the pics! We have a whole bunch more, but these are some of our favorite!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lions HuntingLions Hunting
Lions Hunting

These lions were hunting only 5 feet from our jeep!
Get a roomGet a room
Get a room

Maybe we should have given them a little privacy! :0)
Elephant familyElephant family
Elephant family

Look at how cute the baby elephant is!
CheetahsCheetahs
Cheetahs

These cheetahs were surrounded by cars and just sat there watching us watch them... They were stunning!
GiraffesGiraffes
Giraffes

These giraffes were the first that we saw on safari.
Full MoonFull Moon
Full Moon

Here is the full moon over our campsite! The planet to the top left is Jupiter! It hovered above the moon all night, each night we were there.


21st July 2008

nice pics
These pictures are cool. I'm so excited that you got to see these animals in their natural habitats. Looking forward to catching you guys in 2 weeks. John
29th July 2008

Yo!
Hi, guys. We're back from our little jaunt to the Masai Mara. It was worth the trip. We were able to see the animals up close. I guess Kenya has fewer park restrictions so the guides can drive right up to the animals (25 meters, technically, but hey, who's looking?). Nice to meet you both and hope you have fun on your continued journey. This is our blog which hasn't been updated recently, but we're workin' on it: http://willandcarina.travellerspoint.com/. Look forward to your updates.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb