Battle of Kili


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Mount Kilimanjaro
September 21st 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today started at midnight I can not tell you how cold it was but we were wearing all of the clothes we had taken up the mountain. Neither of us felt very good due to the sickness the night before, on way to the toilets it bcame clear we were not the only ones!!!

We started the climb it was very slow and very hard we had to zig zag across the mountain becasue it was soo steep. We took regular breaks as it was difficult to breathe lots of other people from other groups were struggling to make it up the hill. When we got to 5000m and there was a sign calling it milsons point so we knew we had 895m to gain 😞.

We stopped for a bit which was really needed as the lack of sleep and food caught up with both of us. we carried on for another hour to about 5300m and Nick started to feel really ill his headache now engulfed his entire head and he needed to be sick. We both decdied it was not worth carring on as someone had died on the montain the day before and we had seen loads of people being rescued in various states of ill health.

We turned back and started to desend, the aim was to get to a level where Nick's head no longer hurt. We got to Kibo hut but the pain was still the same. We were told to rest to see if it got any better but after 2 hours and no change we decdied to walk further down the mountain. We got to horombo and still no change so the guide advised us to walk back to the bottom!!!

After hardy any sleep we walked down in 1 day what it had taken 3 days to walk up, I think we both now really know what it means to be knackered!!!

In the battle of Kili, Kili truley won!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb