Update


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
April 29th 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,
Just a quick update on what’s going on down here in Tanzania.
I’m half way in now and so I decided I’d set a Physics test on everything we have covered so far. The test is on measurement, forces and density. Spent all of yesterday lunchtime photocopying it, cost me 40,000 TSH (around 20 pounds) and took 2 hours due to the sheer number of papers required (320 double sided, 3 pages)! I just hope they have learnt something and I actually have some marking to do instead of looking over blank test papers.
Me, Helen and Laura (who do the adult English classes) got invited to one of our students homes on Sunday. She hasn’t been learning English for that long so communication was a bit of a problem. Luckily though, the local pastor was on hand to help translate. He spoke good English and we ended up talking about religion and whether god exists. According to him pain and suffering is caused by evil spirits which enter the body, I disagree. We were introduced to her family, 6 daughters, 2 sons and her husband which were all very welcoming. We had a meal at the house, which consisted of fresh fruit, cakes, ground nuts, pasta and some doughy spirally things. It was a good look into family life and was interesting to see just how big christianity is over here.
Some bad news, the Zanazibar trip go cancelled, something to do with the Visa situation and we were threatened with deportation! Needless to say we were all pretty ****** off, although I will be able to go on my last week of volunteering.
Looking forward to the Champions League tonight. Were all going to be heading off to Glacier, a local bar with a projector. Football is really big over here, with most people supporting Arsenal, so should be a good atmosphere.

Hope all is well back home.

Bye.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb