No Longer A Kid!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
June 29th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Graduation Day!!Graduation Day!!Graduation Day!!

Joshua is the one in the Middle!
Let's see …. What else can I tell you to get you up to speed.

Joshua graduated High School in May of this year. As you can see, even if I do say so, he's a good looking guy! Takes after his mother.  He was 4 when we moved to Tanzania the first time. He was then, and is now, such a good sport about everything. I have 3 sisters, so my poor Dad lived in a house with 5 women for the better part of his early life. When we found out that his first grandchild was to be a boy …. Man oh Man! Then his 2nd and his 3rd were boys, then 2 girls …. As you can see from the pictures there is a lot of years difference between Joshua and the others. SOOOO, needless to say when we told them we were headed off to Africa they were just a little concerned. VERY supportive, but concerned. This time around Joshua will be staying behind to attend Harding University. He will be playing linebacker for their football team and studying to be a Pharmacists. At least that's the plan for now.

He has been
COUSINS!COUSINS!COUSINS!

Aubrey, QT, Joshua, Luke Rachel, Saranda (3rd cousin)
working this summer with a couple of brothers who own a construction company that we worship with. I asked him what his job was and he said it was "Hey Josh", because when they need him to do something, they always preface it with "Hey Josh". He is hauling brick and block and mixing mortar and whatever else is required on a job site. A VERY good and productive way to see just how good going to college is going to be! 

And I know without a doubt that while we are gone he will be well cared for and have dozens of homes he could call to crash in for the weekend if he needed a break from school!


Advertisement



29th June 2006

HEY, AUNTIE!!!
AUBREY IS SPELLED "AUBREE" REMEMBER? HA
29th June 2006

this is great!
Hey Shasta, I have just now read through all your blog entries, and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. This is a great idea, and hopefully a great and easy way to keep in touch come October. See ya soon!
8th July 2006

add to your blog list
Hi, I probably didn't use the right terminology but please add Angie Baker (angeliabaker2@yahoo.com) to your list of people receiving the blog. She, husband John, and 2 little-bitty children are planning to come to TZ in march 2007. Asante sana!

Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb