Grandmaster


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
July 7th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is public holiday, 7.7, apparently it has something to do with farmer/harvesting, most of business places close today, but to us, Language class starts today, the instructor called Aziz, pretty funny guy, we went through the history/roots of Swahili, it's pretty neat to actually get a chance to understand the language a little bit, instead of just know how to say "hello" or "thank you", but it's not an easy thing for me to pick up a language, never been too good at languages, but I'll still see what I can get out of the week long training. Don't expect I'll be good at, but hopefully better than just a few words.

Played a bit soccer with the kids before lunch, it's good to get some exercise going, haven't done any since I left for Tanzania. It's a GrandMaster Tour with special guests for the afternoon, Grandmaster is a local band of one of Alphance's brother's, started in year 2000, get a few CD/Video out in the local community and looking to get more recognition, it's a pretty decent place, the studio is a little crowded with all the equipments, but they have a big backyard with a stage in it, and the performance was played there, the special guests that they were referring to are the orphanage kids that Tammy been worked with, we did the studio tour, watched the performance, played with kids, kids loves camera, not only they looks good in picture for whatever reason, but they also love to take pictures, they pretty much took all of us' cameras and start to shoot at each other, one kid actually get a few decent photos off my Olympus, it was an interesting afternoon and lots of fun too.

Quiet night after a busy afternoon, went online and chatted with friends till get kicked out of internet once every 5mins. The internet really sucks here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

AlphanceAlphance
Alphance

The local co-ordinator


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb