safari bound!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone.

i just got home from school, it was a good day. our co-teacher, Douglas (he is the son of the family who runs the school) gave us a CD of his bongo flavour music. It's like swahili rap, the boys are really into music and have a small recording studio beside the school. it's nice because they work on the music and we can hear it outside so we dance with the kids. funny!

i'm sitting at the little 1 computer internet shop beside our house. looking out the window i can see men working in a coffee field, and a goat that got loose and is eating the flowers outside the window!!! at our school the family owns chickens, ducks, and turkeys. there is a huge turkey they are saving for Krismas, but it scares me and Stephanie (the other CCS volunteer teacher) when it gobbles, and the kids laugh at us.

douglas also showed us their avocado tree ( it's really tall!), a lemon tree, a papaya tree, and lots of banana trees. he thought it was funny that we had no idea that avocados grow on tall trees.

after this i'm going to pack for safari, about 15 of us are heading out at 2 pm to go to Ngorongoro crater. we will be camping so it should be interesting! there are supposed to be tonnes of animals in the crater so it should be neat, let's hope for sun and not rain!



hmmmm i'll always forget what to write about when i get here...

that's it i guess. hopefully i'll have some exciting stories when i get back on sunday!

peace. heath


Advertisement



18th May 2007

ha! figures you'd be able to squeeze in time for fb ;) have fun in the crater -- i want to see some cool rhino pics when you get home!
20th May 2007

Hi Heath, sounds absolutely amazing!! I'm so excited for you!! Keep taking lots of pics! Enjoy. love m

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb