Upendo School


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
May 16th 2007
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we started our volunteer placements. Another girl from Vancouver is also placed at my school. The school is very small, it is one building with 2 rooms, it's made out of cement with a tin roof. the kids sit on benches around the perimeter of the clasroom and there is a chalkboard and a desk at the front for the teacher. it's very basic, but the kids are very sweet and eager. yesterday we worked on writing and today we did math and good behaviour. there are about 25 kids, between the ages of 4-6, they are really cute. they all fight to hold our hands and be next to us.

today we also went into the market, which was insane! it's very crazy, tonnes of people, selling everything, lots of vegetable stands, clothes, shoes, soaps etc. it was very croweded, we weren't supposed to take photos but i snuck in a few.

i'm super tired so i'm gonna head to bed, there are so many local noises here it's hard to sleep, but it's pretty cool.

hoep everything is cool at home.

heath.

Advertisement



16th May 2007

plug in
aw, i'm glad your class is so cute. have you had a chance to bust out the bubblegum yet? hope you packed earplugs for sleeping!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb