Arusha


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
March 18th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

made it to arusha. about 10 hours in the bus. 12 hours total travel time. long day. saw mt. kilamingaro on the way for awhile. it dominated over the landscape. paid $300 for three full days and 2 nights on safari. a sunrise drive is also included. one night in a lodge and one night in a tent in the park. not going to the saragenti but other parks in the area including a crator one. it is a big expense but that seems to be the going rate. meals, lodging, and everything is included in the price so that is good. arusha is nice; cooler than dar--which is very good. only a few degress but a big few degrees. just kind of killing the day today. found a safari--the people attack you and try to get you to there safari place--, about to have a little lunch, and have been walking around the city all day. the hotel we are staying at is only 5000 a night/room and eric and i are sharing a room. the shower and toilet are down the hall and the toilet is an asian style one without a toilet seat. first time for that. it costs $16 to get here and another $16 to get back. other than that not much is going on just a very slow computer place near the hotel. i will try and take lots of pictures in the next couple of days. and try not to get eaten by lions. the swedish people i am with are very nice. the two girls were doing this nursing project and staying at the ms house and then josephine's boyfriend came down a week or two before i got here. i think he needed male company. so thats all working out ok. maybe i'll send some postcards. not many white people walking around the city--our group of four stands out. people stay here for the night then go on safari and dont really spend much time in the city itself. a pleasant and more relaxed (and much smaller( city than dar which is a nice break.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb