Swedes and Rain


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
March 18th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i was invited to a birthday party today for a guy at work so i'm going there. thats starts around 5 or 6 so i need to leave around 430 and still have to go to the grocery store to get some beer or soda for the party.
last night i went out with the three danish girls that i work with, another danish girl, two swedish guys and an african guy from school who got himself invited (despite my wishes because he doesnt pay for anything ((mostly because he cant but still wants to hang out) and i think that spending all day with him is quite enough time. it was fun although towards the end there were many prostitutes in the place so it was kinda gross. the swedish guys just arrived thursday at the ms house and they are really nice and are working on a computer project for the swedish developement agency (cida) with the tanzanian government. previously, one of the guys collected urine as part of an anti-doping company from athletes from around the world. interesting guy.

it seems to rain here everyday now. i got wet walking to the bus stop on my way into town. and i think it has let up now anyway. but the street near the ms house will probably be quite flooded on my return. oh joy. other than the rain, its been a few degrees cooler so the weather isnt as hot but with the rain it can become like a saunna. i'm still missing arusha weather. also, its good i didnt bring my camera here because it might have gotten quite wet.

ill try and be online tomorrow 4-5ish depending on computer availability. the computer place here tends to be busy specially when ms people show up in groups so getting a computer is not guarenteed.

the 2 other danish girls moved out closer to the school. i said i'd move out there the second week of april. and the third danish girl (the one whose number i just gave you) might as well. it seems to be ok and will be more african. although no power from 7 am to 7 pm.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb