500th dive...I'm a lucky man!


Advertisement
Africa » South Africa
May 25th 2013
Published: May 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Not yet 10 years of diving....but officially that will be for the end of this year...and still...these few days, I'm on for my 500th dive. I could have done it in Socorro, Mexico, back in February this year...but my planning was not the best...than it could have been in March at Protea Banks, but that day the winds were too strong, and we couldn't launch...then here I am back to dive P... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




25th May 2013

Play hard, work sometimes?
That must be one terrific job you have. I spent 35 years travelling the world at someone else's expense but would never have had time to dive and play golf as much as you do! Great pictures.
26th May 2013

Work efficiently...more time to play...
Hi Mike! I love your comment....and as you may guess, I received them pretty often. First, all this would simply be impossible without internet...so thanks to the technology first. I don't believe in work hard, play hard...this is a corporate invention that make no sense to me. But I do believe in efficiency...results...and yes, I'm very demanding with myself and with others. I do have clients in over 25 countries...which means...I cannot be in the same city as my clients all the time...meaning, thanks to internet....I can do a day in the office while diving or skiing in the middle of nowhere....I just utilize to the best the 24 hours a day has. I have to thank my parents to have allowed me to take my own choices...and more important, giving me a good education... They gave me an education, I worked for the life I have today. I sadly never had a wealthy girlfriend to take me on holidays...so I had to do it myself (but hey, never say never)... I own my business...so no boss to ask for permission or money....never had a mentor...so had to found out nearly 20 years ago how to live with this addiction for travelling... Some people would consider my lifestyle weird...I never owned a car, neither a home. The most important in my life are my two children, and being a single father, I have the chance to be with them most of the year to try to give them my values. We are as happy in a backpacker or at the Ritz, it's just a question of state of mind. Now the biggest question...I've had this life for nearly 20 years...what are going to be the next 20 years?!?
25th May 2013

What a show on the 500th!
Congrats!
25th May 2013

Congratulations! And, wow, wow, wow on the photos and all the great locations you've had the opportunity to dive. Looking forward to more!
26th May 2013

Thanks Michelle...and Ali...
Thanks Michelle...and Ali...hope to dive with you and Leslie Socorro in Feb 2019...I'm not kidding...by that time, your little one(s) will be old enough to stay with others when we all go for a crazy week....oh, and planning to do it again in Feb 2021...so you can pick your week!
26th May 2013

Congratulations on your 500th!!
You mention your cheap camera a lot...what are you going to upgrade to for your next 500? You'll need something to get great pictures of Leslie and Tiffany on their dives. Now on to Thailand and the great reefs of Asia.
26th May 2013

Hi Bob!
I actually have no intention to upgrade when it comes to underwater camera....I simply go to the end of the life of the housing. Reason behind this is simple...I do way too many crazy things...or crazy places to have to put any importance into the gears I take along with me....they live the life they have...and than...it's on to the next one without any regret (some will laugh...Am I only speaking of cameras here...) smile! On the DSLR note, I may upgrade pretty soon....seriously need a rough one...going to way too many too cold, too warm....too wet...too whatever...
26th May 2013

Awesome blog. We've had a bit of an absence from TB but we're back now. Nikki and I are about to book a dive trip to Truk Lagoon in Micronesia.
27th May 2013

Good to see you back!
Hi, Nice to see you back on TB...Truk...I should do it one day, but wrecks are not the highest things on my wishlist. Try to make a little stop in Palau (only went twice)....pretty amazing too. And be ready to dive really deep in Truk...have seen some great videos from friends of mine. PA
27th May 2013

Why you wear wetsuits & shirts
I reckon there are gills under those clothes...if not...time you invested in them...imagine the fun you'd have then. Fantastic achievement Peter...500 dives & counting. Life's good to you...but even better if you had gills!!!
27th May 2013

Allow my ignorance...
....but, what are gills??
27th May 2013

Gills...
Sorry...I was implying you are part fish
27th May 2013

Wow just WOW!
You set the standard for all divers PA - so glad we get to share your pics and stories - congrats on the 500th! Hope whats to come makes you just as happy :)
27th May 2013

Thanks Cindy...
...and pretty soon, I'm sure we'll dive together!!!
30th May 2013

Congratulations on your 500th!!!! a great milestone indeed
9th June 2013

Happy 500
That is terrific! You have been to some of the best dive spots in the world. Good for you. We are jealous. Keep those blogs and photos coming.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb